Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Tracks from Purchased Album

I've got one missing track from a purchased album. I've tried deleting and re-downloading the entire album but the one track is still missing. I've checked my hidden album and tracks and it's still not there.

More frustrating, if I can make my way to the iTunes store and find the album, I have the chance to purchase it, or the one track, again. And it should show there that it was purchased.

So it shows as purchased in Apple Music (formerly iTunes) but not in the iTunes store.

Any suggestions out there?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 7:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 7:49 PM

prowler1971 Said:

"Missing Tracks from Purchased Album: Any suggestions out there?"

-------

Has the item always been there, but is no longer as of this post? Note that sometimes items are removed from the iTunes Library and never become available again. That's just the way it is :(

It all has to do with licensing between Apple and the Music Studio. It may be seeable, but it may not be playable in your location/region assigned to your Apple ID. because of this licensing. So, contact Apple Support - They'll know where this all stands.

Contacting Apple Support:

Similar questions

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2020 7:49 PM in response to prowler1971

prowler1971 Said:

"Missing Tracks from Purchased Album: Any suggestions out there?"

-------

Has the item always been there, but is no longer as of this post? Note that sometimes items are removed from the iTunes Library and never become available again. That's just the way it is :(

It all has to do with licensing between Apple and the Music Studio. It may be seeable, but it may not be playable in your location/region assigned to your Apple ID. because of this licensing. So, contact Apple Support - They'll know where this all stands.

Aug 19, 2020 9:03 PM in response to prowler1971

Contact Apple:

I took it as though it was a purchase from Apple, asking if it was always been in the iTunes Library, and then vanished.

Based on your reply, this seems to be a glitch in the system.

So, contact Apple, and request that it be added to your purchase library, and be playable

Aug 21, 2020 5:48 PM in response to prowler1971

prowler1971 Said:

"Going to Apple Support is a round robin of futility. They don't offer an option for missing purchases. Despite having options to follow for missing purchases, it eventually just disappears as an option."

-------

Note: In the Music App, to find your purchases, go to the Library tab.

So, opening the Music app, do you see it in the Library? If not, then it has been removed from the iTunes Library.

Go Here:

Aug 21, 2020 7:19 PM in response to prowler1971

prowler1971 Said:

"I bought the whole album. But there's a separate purchase for the one track for whatever reason. I finally got to someone through the chat and what we found is the content owner changed something about the album which caused me to lose access to that one track, but not the rest of the album. One thing of note was that the album name changed ever so slightly. So when I bring the album up in the iTunes store, it doesn't show me as having purchased it, but I am still able to continue downloading it as a whole, except the one track .Eventually, they just gave me a song credit to re-purchase the problematic track and things are fine, if not a little wonky."

-------

Report this:

Interesting - I would report the glitch to Apple, so they can fix this. Seems to be a continuity issue within the iTunes Library - something that needs to be fixed.

The Glitch Needs to be Reported:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iTunes - Apple
  2. Select: "Broken Feature" for "Which operating system are you running?"
  3. Include: Comments on how you troubleshot this.
  4. Proceed form there as necessary

Aug 22, 2020 6:18 AM in response to prowler1971

prowler1971 Said:

Oh, it's been reported. They just seem unable to fix it. Quite annoying as even manually I can't make it appear as a single album.

———-

Great job reporting it!

I don’t have my Mac with me, but see if this will work. It’s an older post, but it might do the trick:

Go Here: album is split and will not merge in iTunes - Apple Community

Aug 19, 2020 8:48 PM in response to TheLittles

Has it always been there? Unclear. There was a corrupt MP3 file for the missing track which cuts off halfway through. I don't know if there was ever a M4A version.

The track is specifically available for purchase on the iTunes store so there's no reason why it wouldn't be available as part of the download with the rest of the album. The idea that a single track from an album isn't available while the rest of the album is seems out there. But regardless, the individual track is available for purchase. That I can re-download the rest of the album (and did) but the iTunes store doesn't show it as purchases is also odd.

Aug 21, 2020 5:57 PM in response to prowler1971

prowler1971 Said:

"Looking back at my purchase history, there are separate purchases listed for the album as a whole (June 17, 2011)and then the one track... which is now missing (June 29, 2011). There's no charge on the second "purchase" which makes me wonder if this was an issue Apple resolved for me 9 years ago and then re-broke."

-------

Consolidated into an Album:

If there is no charge, then it would seem to me that you have purchased all of the songs, all of which have been consolidated into one item: An album. Apple would only charge you for a second purchase if a different item - i.e. one with mature content, extended version, etc.

Aug 21, 2020 6:49 PM in response to TheLittles

I bought the whole album. But there's a separate purchase for the one track for whatever reason.

I finally got to someone through the chat and what we found is the content owner changed something about the album which caused me to lose access to that one track, but not the rest of the album. One thing of note was that the album name changed ever so slightly. So when I bring the album up in the iTunes store, it doesn't show me as having purchased it, but I am still able to continue downloading it as a whole, except the one track.

Eventually, they just gave me a song credit to re-purchase the problematic track and things are fine, if not a little wonky.

Missing Tracks from Purchased Album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.