Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I watch Apple TV shows that I have purchased without an internet connection? (On a plane)

There is a massive discrepancy between Mac and iOS...

The TV app permits offline viewing of downloaded shows and movies on iOS, but not on Mac.

I am trying to watch on my MacBook, in the new TV app, a show which I have purchased and downloaded in anticipation of a long flight but it refuses to play without an internet connection.

I read elsewhere that it needs to be authorised only once, but this is not the case as as soon as the internet is cut, the show stops playing.

What gives?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 1:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 1:57 AM

I just tested this on my Mac. I’m at home, not on a plane!

I put on a movie I downloaded ( iTunes purchase) and it played, turned the wifi off, it kept playing. I tested on one not downloaded, it wouldn’t play.

This was through the TV App. I’m on the latest MacOS Catalina 10.15.6 - MacBook Air 2019

2 replies

How can I watch Apple TV shows that I have purchased without an internet connection? (On a plane)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.