Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect external monitor to new MacBook

I have a new MacBook Pro 16" (2019) that I am trying to connect to a Dell P2719H Monitor through a Kensington SD4600P Dock. My previous MacBook Pro 15" (2018) works fine when I swap it out with the same setup. I've tried installing the Kensington Driver, resetting the NVRAM and SMC on the MacBook, and restarting multiple times. I get the same results using both HDMI and DisplayPort cables. I'm not sure what else to try. Any suggestions? Is this new MacBook not compatible with my setup anymore?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 2:15 PM

I think it's the dock that is no longer compatible with your new model. Did you call Kensington tech support for help since it is their product.

FYI: These are user-only communities. This is not Apple Support. if you need to contact Apple Support, then contact product and tech supportContacting Apple for support and service includes international calling numbers.

The Apple Support Communities only provides help for users of Apple products. Apple does not read theae forums. If you wish to provide feedback to Apple, then go to Apple Feedback. Thank you for your understanding and support.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2020 2:15 PM in response to galak

I think it's the dock that is no longer compatible with your new model. Did you call Kensington tech support for help since it is their product.

FYI: These are user-only communities. This is not Apple Support. if you need to contact Apple Support, then contact product and tech supportContacting Apple for support and service includes international calling numbers.

The Apple Support Communities only provides help for users of Apple products. Apple does not read theae forums. If you wish to provide feedback to Apple, then go to Apple Feedback. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Aug 20, 2020 4:03 PM in response to Kappy

Yep that's what I was worried about. I called Kensington and they walked me through a bunch of steps that I already tried and said that I need to call Apple, because from everything they can tell, it should work. I guess I'll be calling Apple tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get a solution. :)

Can't connect external monitor to new MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.