Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2020 Macbook Pro 13in - Will not detect/display 3rd Monitor

I have a 2020 MacBook Pro 13 Inch Laptop. I can connect two external monitors without issue. (Via HDMI USB C Dock or directly into the Thunderbolt Ports). I purchased a 3rd Monitor (Exactly the same as the two that are working) and the MacBook it will not detect or Display the 3rd Monitor. I have tried both the third HDMI Port on the USB C Dock and directly into the MacBooks third Thunderbolt Port. Nothing seems to work.

Does the 2020 MacBook Pro 13 support 3 monitors?

MacBook

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 10:30 AM

No, it does not. Only the 15/16 inch models support more than two external monitors (up to four).

https://support.apple.com/kb/SP819?locale=en_US

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 12, 2021 10:50 AM in response to JustinD2020

Both of those are viable workarounds, the external GPU would give hardware accelerated graphics on all the displays (obviously, you need to get one with at least three monitor outputs).

some people are perfectly happy with displaylink, personally I’d be reluctant to rely on something that could be (and frequently has been) broken by a MacOS update requiring a wait of several weeks for new drivers. .

2020 Macbook Pro 13in - Will not detect/display 3rd Monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.