Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music

Can you search for a song within a playlist? I've been on itunes/apple music for over 10 years. If I can't figure out a way to search within a playlist I'm switching to Spotify because I know this is a feature they have. I spent hours making a playlist, and sometimes I cannot remember if I already added a song or not and the only way to verify this is to scroll through the entire playlist for that one song.

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 6:23 PM

2 replies

Aug 20, 2020 6:49 PM in response to private_domicile

If I can't figure out a way to search within a playlist I'm switching to Spotify because I know this is a feature they have. I spent hours making a playlist, and sometimes I cannot remember if I already added a song or not and the only way to verify this is to scroll through the entire playlist for that one song.

Use the service that suits your needs best. Threatening the volunteers here is really of no value.

There is a search within the iOS Music app but it is against your library and once found a song will not show which playlist(s) it may be in.

Feedback for Apple goes here >>> http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.