Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts deleted

My phone has spontaneously deleted my contacts multiple times now. I keep having to go back to my old iCloud backup from a month ago to be able to get them all back. Any ideas why this is happening and how to stop it from happening again? Or how to get them back without having to delete my phone and back it up again?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 8:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 7:42 AM

first go to settings>contacts>default account - set to iCloud

go to settings>Apple ID (your name at the top)>iCloud>contacts - turn off then it will ask about keeping on device - elect to keep on device.

your contacts should be synced now.

I dont remember if this is the right order to do the steps but it should be here Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2020 7:42 AM in response to Ecpottle

first go to settings>contacts>default account - set to iCloud

go to settings>Apple ID (your name at the top)>iCloud>contacts - turn off then it will ask about keeping on device - elect to keep on device.

your contacts should be synced now.

I dont remember if this is the right order to do the steps but it should be here Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Contacts deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.