Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable Files app iCloud backup in iOS

I've tried to Google such a option but I cannot find it.

Just my files in Files app taking a lot of space and I got just 5GB in iCloud (and unable to do Backup as message not enough iCloud Storage) - so I want to keep everything there apart of files in Files app - where to find such a option in Settings?

I got only something like iCloud Drive - but there are only apps like Maps - Pocket Earth - WeatherPro - and all gone if I disable iCloud Drive from Backup.

On the top of iCloud settings I got Photos - Mail - Contacts etc. but no Files app

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 6:11 AM

10 replies

Aug 21, 2020 7:15 AM in response to the_bart123

Hi the_bart123!

You want to stop including Files app in your iCloud backup, yes?

Follow these steps:

1. On your iPhone, goto Settings > (Your Name) ... the very first option > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups
  2. Here you should see a list of device backups with the size
  3. Choose the one for iPhone. You should see the option CHOOSE DATA TO BACK UP
  4. Select Show All Apps, if necessary
  5. Turn OFF the toggle for Files

source: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Disable Files app iCloud backup in iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.