Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mmdjwopfuztw

I migrated the contents of an existing MacBook Air (Mojave) to a new MacBook Air (Catalina) . I get error messages about 2 files - one is an Upertino.app that I an working to resolve using on line advice. The other I can't not fins any references to that states

"mmdjwopfuztw" is damaged and can't be opened

this file was downloaded on an unknown date

Show in finder and OK buttons are on the text box, neither causes any action

I can't find the file

I have fully updated

I tried a safe mode reboot - the error messages both appear

any suggestions?

Thanks

Ron

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 10:08 AM

To ascertain the cause so that you can eliminate it, start by inspecting the contents of the following folder:

~/Library/LaunchAgents

To open that folder, copy the entire line above and paste it in the Finder's Go menu > Go to Folder... field. Make it look like this:

... and click the Go button.

A Finder window will open. Make sure all its file names are readable by selecting View > as List or other selection that shows that folder's complete contents. Then, take a screenshot of that Finder window.

Often, there is nothing in that Launch Agents folder so don't be surprised to find it empty.

In the same manner as the above, navigate to this next folder:

/Library/LaunchDaemons

The Finder's Go menu > Go to Folder... field should look like this:

... and click the Go button once again.

Once again ensure all its files and their names are readable and capture a screenshot.

Then, repeat that exercise with the following folder:

/Library/LaunchAgents

Notice its pathname is different than the other two. The Finder's Go menu > Go to Folder... field should look like this:

In the end, you will have captured the contents of the following three separate folders:

~/Library/LaunchAgents

/Library/LaunchDaemons

/Library/LaunchAgents

All three will be saved to your Mac's Desktop with names "Screen Shot... " followed by the date and time they were captured. Please be sure to include or otherwise indicate the name of the folder that corresponds to each screenshot, so that you and I can keep track of which ones they are.

Post the entire contents of all three windows, one at a time, using the "picture" icon that appears below your reply text:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2020 10:08 AM in response to Rcarere

To ascertain the cause so that you can eliminate it, start by inspecting the contents of the following folder:

~/Library/LaunchAgents

To open that folder, copy the entire line above and paste it in the Finder's Go menu > Go to Folder... field. Make it look like this:

... and click the Go button.

A Finder window will open. Make sure all its file names are readable by selecting View > as List or other selection that shows that folder's complete contents. Then, take a screenshot of that Finder window.

Often, there is nothing in that Launch Agents folder so don't be surprised to find it empty.

In the same manner as the above, navigate to this next folder:

/Library/LaunchDaemons

The Finder's Go menu > Go to Folder... field should look like this:

... and click the Go button once again.

Once again ensure all its files and their names are readable and capture a screenshot.

Then, repeat that exercise with the following folder:

/Library/LaunchAgents

Notice its pathname is different than the other two. The Finder's Go menu > Go to Folder... field should look like this:

In the end, you will have captured the contents of the following three separate folders:

~/Library/LaunchAgents

/Library/LaunchDaemons

/Library/LaunchAgents

All three will be saved to your Mac's Desktop with names "Screen Shot... " followed by the date and time they were captured. Please be sure to include or otherwise indicate the name of the folder that corresponds to each screenshot, so that you and I can keep track of which ones they are.

Post the entire contents of all three windows, one at a time, using the "picture" icon that appears below your reply text:

mmdjwopfuztw

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.