Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ATV cannot find shared movie library on Mac, "library hasn't purchased any TV Shows or Movies"

Catalina update - killed one HDD and one SSD at same time. New SSD upgraded successfully. Now ATV and iOS devices cannot find my actual media library. Apple TV app has imported my movie library - how can I get my ATV to see the same library. I have followed ALL of the steps in sharing/homesharing. This worked great prior to Catalina. Thanks for any real help.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 4:08 AM

Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

There are no other steps.

If the Computers app that it can’t find any libraries on your home network, then either Media Sharing is not active, or you have connectivity issues, where the devices can’t communicate with each other.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2020 4:08 AM in response to iMasterChief

Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

There are no other steps.

If the Computers app that it can’t find any libraries on your home network, then either Media Sharing is not active, or you have connectivity issues, where the devices can’t communicate with each other.

ATV cannot find shared movie library on Mac, "library hasn't purchased any TV Shows or Movies"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.