Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Mac's library does not appear on ATV under "Computers"

Long-time ATV user and I usually have one or two Mac libraries that I access through the ATV. In the past, when I got a new Mac it was quite straightforward to set it up so that I can see the library on the ATV. I got a new Mac Mini on Black Friday and I set it up as I usually do. I can AirPlay movies from the Mini library to the ATV, but the Mini library does not appear as a source in the ATV "Computers" menu. I checked that Media Sharing is enabled. Rebooted both the ATV and Mini. Ensured both are on the same network. Any advice? Thank you.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 15

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 12:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 3:00 AM

I checked that Media Sharing is enabled.

Inside Media Sharing is another checkbox for Home Sharing. When activating that, it would ask for an Apple ID. It should match the Apple ID for Home Sharing as set on Apple TV. The Library content is taken from what has been added to the TV app.

Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2021 3:00 AM in response to AdultFilmLegend

I checked that Media Sharing is enabled.

Inside Media Sharing is another checkbox for Home Sharing. When activating that, it would ask for an Apple ID. It should match the Apple ID for Home Sharing as set on Apple TV. The Library content is taken from what has been added to the TV app.

Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

New Mac's library does not appear on ATV under "Computers"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.