Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete iMessages app from my iPad

I don’t want iMessage on my iPad. I use iMessage on my iPhone and don’t want my conversations to show on iPad also because it’s used by entire family.

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 3:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 3:48 PM

You can inhibit syncing of SMS/MMs Messages from your iPhone to iPad by changing a few settings on your iPhone:

On your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to OFF - and explicitly disable your iPad from the list of devices.

Settings > Messages > MMS Messaging - set to OFF

Also ensure that Messages in iCloud is disabled on both your iPhone and iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to OFF

Also on iPad, sign-out and disable Messages

Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > AppleID - tap, then select Sign Out

Settings > Messages > Messages - set to OFF

More information:

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

I hope this information and guidance proves to be helpful in resolving your issue.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2020 3:48 PM in response to Egmark

You can inhibit syncing of SMS/MMs Messages from your iPhone to iPad by changing a few settings on your iPhone:

On your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to OFF - and explicitly disable your iPad from the list of devices.

Settings > Messages > MMS Messaging - set to OFF

Also ensure that Messages in iCloud is disabled on both your iPhone and iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to OFF

Also on iPad, sign-out and disable Messages

Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > AppleID - tap, then select Sign Out

Settings > Messages > Messages - set to OFF

More information:

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

I hope this information and guidance proves to be helpful in resolving your issue.

How do I delete iMessages app from my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.