Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete messages app from ipad

How do I remove messages / iMessages app from ipad? Texting from my IPhone is all I need. I don’t like them on my iPad or computer.

Help! IJ’m understanding why people leave Apple for Android.

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 15

Posted on Nov 14, 2022 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2022 4:18 PM

On your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to OFF

On your iPad (and Mac):

Also ensure that Messages in iCloud is disabled on the devices that you do not wish share received or sent messages:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to OFF

After disabling iCloud messages, you can delete all the messages that you don’t wish to be visible on your iPad.

You might also wish to sign-out from Messages on the devices that you do not wish to use the Messages App:

Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > [AppleID] - tap your AppleID highlighted in small blue text, then tap Sign Out

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2022 4:18 PM in response to rickey9838

On your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to OFF

On your iPad (and Mac):

Also ensure that Messages in iCloud is disabled on the devices that you do not wish share received or sent messages:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to OFF

After disabling iCloud messages, you can delete all the messages that you don’t wish to be visible on your iPad.

You might also wish to sign-out from Messages on the devices that you do not wish to use the Messages App:

Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > [AppleID] - tap your AppleID highlighted in small blue text, then tap Sign Out

Delete messages app from ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.