Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Free For A Year

I purchased an iPhone today which I understand qualifies me for a free year of Apple TV. When I opened the app (from the new iPhone) the only link I saw was for a free trial so I clicked there. It turns out that was only for a one week trial, not for a year so I canceled the subscription. When I log into tv.apple.com from a computer, now I‘m able to see the 1 year offer but now its telling me that I’m already a subscriber. Is that fixable? Should I be able to get the free year after the 7-day trial us up? It seems unfair to lose out on a cool deal because of a wrong click.

iPhone SE

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 11:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 6:29 AM

When you accepted the 7 day free trial period offer, then that is exactly what you were given: the regular trial.

When you canceled the subscription, you became a previous subscriber.

The year offer, or any trial period offer, is not available to current or previous subscribers.

You can contact the Apple Support staff about the misunderstanding and unintended first selection, and see what they can do for you. Get TV support - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2020 6:29 AM in response to rahrah505

When you accepted the 7 day free trial period offer, then that is exactly what you were given: the regular trial.

When you canceled the subscription, you became a previous subscriber.

The year offer, or any trial period offer, is not available to current or previous subscribers.

You can contact the Apple Support staff about the misunderstanding and unintended first selection, and see what they can do for you. Get TV support - Apple Support

Apple TV Free For A Year

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.