Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with 1 Year Free Subscription to Apple TV

Hi Everyone,

I have been facing a slight issue with the 1 year free subscription that I was supposed to get with my new iPad, which I had purchased in August. However whenever I go to settings and click on the button asking me to claim the offer, the Apple TV app opens and asks me instead to sign in to a 7 day free trail. I am afraid if I accept the 7 day trial, I will lose the 1 year offer. Can someone help me?

Thanks a ton in advance.

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 12:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 2:45 AM

I am afraid if I accept the 7 day trial, I will lose the 1 year offer.

That is correct. You shouldn’t accept the 7 day trial when you should get the year offer.

Here’s a guide to redeem the offer. Apple TV+ - One Year Offer - Apple. Redeem the offer on your new Apple device, not on a different device. Try opening the TV app, then search for the “Enjoy 1 Year Free” button/tile/link.

If you qualify, and if you did as described in the guide, and you still do not get to see the year offer, then contact Apple Support. They can assist in getting you the service, if needed using activation codes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2020 2:45 AM in response to SSS95

I am afraid if I accept the 7 day trial, I will lose the 1 year offer.

That is correct. You shouldn’t accept the 7 day trial when you should get the year offer.

Here’s a guide to redeem the offer. Apple TV+ - One Year Offer - Apple. Redeem the offer on your new Apple device, not on a different device. Try opening the TV app, then search for the “Enjoy 1 Year Free” button/tile/link.

If you qualify, and if you did as described in the guide, and you still do not get to see the year offer, then contact Apple Support. They can assist in getting you the service, if needed using activation codes.

Issue with 1 Year Free Subscription to Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.