Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

24 hours later, still no new episode

Posted the newest episode of my show yesterday morning at 6 am, and more than 24 hours later it still doesn’t show up in the Apple Podcasts app. It shows up everywhere but there. It even shows up on the Apple podcast webpage:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/group-chat-after-dark/id1524162429

Subscribers can’t get it, non subscribers can’t get it. I’ve verified my RSS feed and refreshed the feed via Podcasts Connect, and still nothing.

It’s frustrating that this seems to be a common problem and the only answer seems to be “it will show up when it shows up,” especially considering the hoops you have to jump through to even have the podcast show up on Apple’s app.

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 2:59 PM

Where you have to unsubscribe - delete - and resubscribe - usually means a podcast changed from one podcast host to another and you have a new RSS feed URL.

Did you currently move from one host to another and NOT put in a redirect from your original RSS feed to the new feed?

If so did you just go into Apple Podcasts connect and update the feed there? Again that is typical if you did not put in a redirect and just updated in Apple Podcasts connect.

The redirect from the original feed to the new feed - is very important.

Rob W

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2020 2:59 PM in response to Johnson4267

Where you have to unsubscribe - delete - and resubscribe - usually means a podcast changed from one podcast host to another and you have a new RSS feed URL.

Did you currently move from one host to another and NOT put in a redirect from your original RSS feed to the new feed?

If so did you just go into Apple Podcasts connect and update the feed there? Again that is typical if you did not put in a redirect and just updated in Apple Podcasts connect.

The redirect from the original feed to the new feed - is very important.

Rob W

Oct 2, 2020 7:54 AM in response to I_need_help_please_123

I'm now seeing the latest two episodes both in the Apple Podcasts home page and when subscribing:

If you are using a version of iTunes I can't check that, since I'm on Catalina, nor the iOS Podcasts app; but I would have expected them to behave in the same way. The only explanation would be if the individual iTunes/Podcasts apps aren't refreshing automatically as they should but I don't know why this would be. There's evidently nothing wrong with the feed (I checked with a couple of validators). As you are with Anchor you could try approaching them.

Aug 22, 2020 8:52 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks so much for your reply Robert, I really appreciate you looking into it.

Although now I am even more confused. Why are my subscribers not seeing the latest episode in their apps? Several friends have reached out to me to let me know they still don’t have it, and as a subscriber myself I cannot see it outside of adding the RSS feed url directly to the app.

Aug 22, 2020 9:41 AM in response to Johnson4267

I can only report on what I saw: but the Podcasts app is in my opinion a confusing mess and I wish I would have stuck with iTunes (I've recently moved to a new Mac with Catalina). They may be looking in the wrong place. You have a 'series' but the latest episode isn't included in it - I had to scratch around a little to find your episode. You might want either to include the episode in a series or scrap the series idea altogether. Incidentally I don't know wheter the iOS pPodcasts app behaves the same, it's not something I can check.

Oct 1, 2020 8:34 PM in response to Robert Walch

Hi Rob,

I am having the same problem. New episodes show up in the store but not in my home screen feed where I am a subscriber. Multiple refreshes have not solved the problem. I did change hosts recently but the I did a re-direct from the host. And in podcasts connect the updated rss is there.

https://anchor.fm/s/372ce764/podcast/rss

Oct 1, 2020 11:15 PM in response to I_need_help_please_123

It's the other way round. Your last two episodes show when subscribing but not in the Apple Podcasts/iTunes Store page. This isn't surprising as they were posted very recently, one about eight hours ago and othge other about two hours ago. It can take up to two days for new episodes to appear in the Store: you can't expect them to appear instantly,

Oct 2, 2020 6:00 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thank you for your response. And I'm glad it's working correctly for you. However, for me and at least one other person who I know listens, it is not in fact the opposite of what I said. It is exactly what I said.

They do not show up in a subscribed feed but do show up when searching for the podcast in the store. One thing that has helped is if I unsubscribe, delete the podcast from my library and then re-subscribe. But it only fixes it temporarily. A few days later the same thing will start happening. They will not even appear as available in my library but if I search the podcast in the store they are there.

24 hours later, still no new episode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.