Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bringing in iphone 8 for a repair!

I am wondering if it is true that you can repair iphone 8 at the store? I booked an appointment for my phone for a repair. My front screen is cracked and the back of the phone is damaged. I have apple care +. However, they told my that I couldnt bring for a repair and that i will need to replace it with a new phone with the cost of a new phone!!!!! My phone is still fully functional. Everything is working fine and i just wanted to replace my screen and the back of the phone.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 11:21 AM

iPhone repairs can be performed at either the Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider. However, the technician may have to extend the repair period if other damage is found outside of just the screen itself. Regardless, if you have an active AppleCare+ plan on this phone, any repairs will come at a reduced cost. Depending on the damage found, they may not be able to fix this phone. In such a case, they would offer a replacement ... again, at a reduced cost.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2020 11:21 AM in response to paperpanda

iPhone repairs can be performed at either the Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider. However, the technician may have to extend the repair period if other damage is found outside of just the screen itself. Regardless, if you have an active AppleCare+ plan on this phone, any repairs will come at a reduced cost. Depending on the damage found, they may not be able to fix this phone. In such a case, they would offer a replacement ... again, at a reduced cost.

Bringing in iphone 8 for a repair!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.