Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iPhone

Hi,

My Friend’s iPhone was stolen about a week ago. We activated lost mode in Find My iPhone but it was offline and pending until the iPhone is connected to internet.

Today he received a massage says that the iPhone was found :

When i enter the link/log in to Find My iPhone, I can’t see the iPhone there anymore in the devices list. Like the thief log out the Apple ID. Is that even possible? Doesn’t he need the password to do so?

What can we do now?

Thank you and best regards.

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 1:32 PM

It is a scam for sure. The website shown in your screenshot in the blue letters is NOT an Apple website. It is designed to look like one and that is how they get your password.

I'm not sure but once you have entered your password into that site that looks like Apple they may automatically then pass you on to a real Apple site (after they have captured the password).

Again, to answer the question in your first post "Like the thief log out the Apple ID. Is that even possible? Doesn’t he need the password to do so?"

Yes they do need the password and the way they get it is by tricking people into logging into sites that appear to be Apple.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2020 1:32 PM in response to Tomer2310

It is a scam for sure. The website shown in your screenshot in the blue letters is NOT an Apple website. It is designed to look like one and that is how they get your password.

I'm not sure but once you have entered your password into that site that looks like Apple they may automatically then pass you on to a real Apple site (after they have captured the password).

Again, to answer the question in your first post "Like the thief log out the Apple ID. Is that even possible? Doesn’t he need the password to do so?"

Yes they do need the password and the way they get it is by tricking people into logging into sites that appear to be Apple.

Stolen iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.