Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fade-in and fade-out custom title?

I want to superimpose a Custom title over a back ground photo and have it fade-in after the photo is on and fade-out while the photo remains. How can I add a transition (dissolve) just to the title, and not the photo?

Od timer, transitioning from the original Final Cut to 10.4.3.

Thanks

Ctwongary

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 2:11 PM

Actually, I think I accidentally solved my problem. It turns out, I believe that after selecting the title, the tip of the arrow (icon) that is used to drag the dissolve to the title must be EXACTLY over the title, not above or around the title (in any part of the timeline) or it won't "take," and it CANNOT be below because then the dissolve happens to the background photo.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2020 2:11 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Actually, I think I accidentally solved my problem. It turns out, I believe that after selecting the title, the tip of the arrow (icon) that is used to drag the dissolve to the title must be EXACTLY over the title, not above or around the title (in any part of the timeline) or it won't "take," and it CANNOT be below because then the dissolve happens to the background photo.

How to fade-in and fade-out custom title?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.