Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't move mail from inbox to new mailbox I created.

The system won't move even one old email of any type to a new mailbox I created. Dragging, selecting and move to - always get an error message. OS High Sierra 10.13.2. I had no problem with it the other day. I rebuilt mailboxes as well.

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 6:12 PM

Why aren't you on 10.13.6???

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

7 replies

Aug 24, 2020 11:38 AM in response to BDAqua

Using an Imac, so 10.13.2 is newest version. I tried it and it didn't improve anything. I backed mail up to Time Machine, deleted mail accounts and updated them. Lot of memory and hard drive. Ran disk utility and everything checks out okay. Doesn't really seem to work and still seems really slow. Each time Apple has an update, seems things get bogged down.

Can't move mail from inbox to new mailbox I created.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.