Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text forwarding has stopped working

Text forwarding with my iPad is broken. All texts I send from it to non-iPhone users say not delivered, even though they tell me they are receiving them. None of their replies are showing up on my iPad. I have checked, double checked, and triple checked all settings. iPhone users messages are synching just fine. This all started this morning when I turned on my iPad after having not used it for about three weeks. I opened messages and noticed that NONE of the messages I had sent during that period were synching. Not even iPhone users messages. I also started getting messages on my other devices that said I had logged on to a new iPad. I’ve had it for over five years!!! I was also already logged in to my Apple account, as always. I contacted Apple support via chat and they were unable to help me. This is SUPER frustrating. Is anybody else experiencing anything similar? Thoughts? And just as an FYI, running ios 13.6.1 on iPhone and 12.4.8 on my iPad (both devices completely up to date)

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 10:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 2:17 AM

Whist expressing certainty as to have correct settings, you don’t describe what setting have been checked - or even what they are. As such, lets assume that something may be awry...

You must explicitly enable and verify Text Message Forwarding for your iPad on your iPhone.

On your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to ON - and explicitly enable your iPad from the list of devices.

Also ensure that Messages in iCloud is enabled on both your iPhone and iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to ON

More information:

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

Fault finding if needed:

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I hope you find this to be helpful in resolving the issue.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2020 2:17 AM in response to Gav503

Whist expressing certainty as to have correct settings, you don’t describe what setting have been checked - or even what they are. As such, lets assume that something may be awry...

You must explicitly enable and verify Text Message Forwarding for your iPad on your iPhone.

On your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to ON - and explicitly enable your iPad from the list of devices.

Also ensure that Messages in iCloud is enabled on both your iPhone and iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to ON

More information:

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

Fault finding if needed:

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I hope you find this to be helpful in resolving the issue.

Text forwarding has stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.