Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto causing old MacBook Pro to crash-- ned to save photos!

I have a 2010/2011 Macbook Pro yesterday was working in iPhoto and it crashed-- it seems the library has been restored; however, if I open the application it crashes the computer-- HELP! I need to get all the photos out of iPhoto!

Although updated to Sierra-- Photos has never worked on that old best to migrate the iPhotos to a new Photos library--

Ideas to save the thousands of family photos???

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 1:48 PM

As a test launch iPhoto with the Option key held down and create a new, test library. Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it?

Then try to open your original library again.

If still crashing try holding down the Option + Command keys and run the following repairs: 1 - Repair permissions; 2 - Rebuild database.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2020 1:48 PM in response to betsyp22

As a test launch iPhoto with the Option key held down and create a new, test library. Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it?

Then try to open your original library again.

If still crashing try holding down the Option + Command keys and run the following repairs: 1 - Repair permissions; 2 - Rebuild database.

iPhoto causing old MacBook Pro to crash-- ned to save photos!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.