Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't access my icloud email via Outlook after changing my Apple ID password.

My Outlook email account will no longer access my iCloud email. My new Apple ID password doesn't clear the repeated pop-up window "Internet Email - username@icloud.com" with settings for

Server: smtp.mail.me.com

User Name: name@icloud.com

Password: new pw entered

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 9:50 AM

You need to setup an app specific password again.

Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

"Any time you change or reset your primary Apple ID password, all of your app-specific passwords are revoked automatically to protect the security of your account. You'll need to generate new app-specific passwords for any apps that you want to continue using."

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2020 9:50 AM in response to smh333

You need to setup an app specific password again.

Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

"Any time you change or reset your primary Apple ID password, all of your app-specific passwords are revoked automatically to protect the security of your account. You'll need to generate new app-specific passwords for any apps that you want to continue using."

Aug 24, 2020 9:47 AM in response to smh333

You need to enable 2 Factor Authentication on your Apple ID and create an app specific password to use. If your account won’t allow 2 Factor Authentication, try 2 step verification.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication          

Two Factor Authentification availability.     

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords.     

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ    

Oct 3, 2020 3:23 PM in response to Coleyc15

You need to enable 2 Factor Authentication on your Apple ID and create an app specific password to use. If your account won’t allow 2 Factor Authentication, try 2 step verification.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication          

Two Factor Authentification availability.     

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords.     

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ    

I can't access my icloud email via Outlook after changing my Apple ID password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.