Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp 2020 iMac Catalina won't install

Have a new 2020 iMac 27 inch. Trying to install bootcamp, run the installer, it downloads the windows support software t creates the partition, reboots and takes me to what appears to be a startup disk selector and the only selection is the mac hard drive. It then boots into Mac OS and the Bootcamp partition is there but it never loads windows or anything. The partition is empty. I can't select the bootcamp partition as a startup disk either. I can remove the partition using bootcamp but it never will kickoff loading windows 10 when i try again. I've downloaded the most recent Win10 iso and have all my mac software up to date. Any help?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 1:57 PM

Similar questions

12 replies

Aug 24, 2020 7:56 PM in response to goupil1

I should add - after it creates the partition, it says its copying windows and the support software - it asks for my password, then it restarts. Then it reboots, gets the apple logo then it seems to reboot again and then i get a message 'unable to verify startup disk'. then i have get the option to select the startup disk or try again. If i try again it just gives the same message. So if i select a startup disk, the only disk showing is the Macintosh HD and there is not bootcamp partition to select.

Then when it reboots in Mac OS and the bootcamp partition shows up as a drive on my desktop.

Bootcamp 2020 iMac Catalina won't install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.