Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I use Apple Music, but have purchased music for a Family Member on my Account. Can I separate the two?

So I have Apple Music and I have used my account to buy music for a younger Family member (they had iTunes cards) to put on their iPod Touch. Now I don't want the songs on my phone since I'm using Apple Music, but I when I go to remove purchased items, it says it will delete it from all of my devices. I don't delete them, not wanting to delete it everywhere else. More specifically the computer used when they get more music. How can I remove the purchased songs without deleting it everywhere else, so that it's still their when the family member in question plugs it in to the computer and gets purchases later on?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 5:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 5:40 PM

One way is to let them start their own library. Give them a copy of the songs you want them to have, which they can add to their own library, and in your library delete the ones you no longer want.

1 reply

I use Apple Music, but have purchased music for a Family Member on my Account. Can I separate the two?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.