Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find music synced from Itunes on Ipod Touch 7th gen

I think i've successfully synced from Itunes to new Touch 7th generation, but i don't know where (or how) to find the books and music on the Ipod. Pls help!

iPod, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 5:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 9:21 AM

If you have successfully managed to Sync music onto your new iPod, it will all be listed in the Music app. Usually, on a new iPod Touch, the Music app will be on the bottom ribbon that displays on every Home Screen. Look below at the stock image of an iPod's Home Screen, in which I've highlighted the Music app:

Tap the icon to go into the app. If you can't see it, try swiping to the other Home Screens, the Music icon will be there somewhere.

The first screen you should see is shown below (if not, read on to discover how to reach it):

Your screen may have a slightly different list, but that is only because it's possible to re-arrange that list. If your screen looks completely different, make sure you read the next paragraph, in particular the part I've underlined. It will explain how to find the screen shown above.

The screen above is showing you:

• at the very bottom of the screen: Library (highlighted in red), Radio, Search:
    • select Library on the bottom ribbon if it is not already selected (as it is in the screenshot). This will then show the rest of the display in the screenshot
    • ignore the Radio icon for now, concentrate on the music you've added to your iPod
    • the Search icon allows you to search your Library; useful when you have a large library or can't remember the full title of the song
  • Once you have selected your Library on the bottom ribbon, the display shows, from top to bottom:
    • iPod, Wi-Fi indicator (if turned on), time and the battery. Don't worry if there is anything else on that line
    • Edit - the button that allows you to change the list below it to suit you
    • Library - a heading, to tell you that you're looking at the iPod's Library screen
    • Songs, down to Compilations - sub-headings, in which you will find your music, listed according to the sub-heading you select
      • so in Songs, there is a list of all songs on your iPod
      • Artists lists the artists you have on your iPod (If they have a single-artist album. Note that compilation albums - that is, Various Artists compilations, are listed under Compilations lower down on that list)
      • ... and so on
    • the strip with the picture is the Now Playing ribbon. My iPod was playing the song among plants when I snapped this screenshot and the picture is the artwork from that song. The Now Playing ribbon may not be shown if nothing is playing or paused

I did indicate the Books icon on the iPod's Home Screen, although it's not clear whether you have attempted to add books or audiobooks to your iPod.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2020 9:21 AM in response to helplessly hopeless

If you have successfully managed to Sync music onto your new iPod, it will all be listed in the Music app. Usually, on a new iPod Touch, the Music app will be on the bottom ribbon that displays on every Home Screen. Look below at the stock image of an iPod's Home Screen, in which I've highlighted the Music app:

Tap the icon to go into the app. If you can't see it, try swiping to the other Home Screens, the Music icon will be there somewhere.

The first screen you should see is shown below (if not, read on to discover how to reach it):

Your screen may have a slightly different list, but that is only because it's possible to re-arrange that list. If your screen looks completely different, make sure you read the next paragraph, in particular the part I've underlined. It will explain how to find the screen shown above.

The screen above is showing you:

• at the very bottom of the screen: Library (highlighted in red), Radio, Search:
    • select Library on the bottom ribbon if it is not already selected (as it is in the screenshot). This will then show the rest of the display in the screenshot
    • ignore the Radio icon for now, concentrate on the music you've added to your iPod
    • the Search icon allows you to search your Library; useful when you have a large library or can't remember the full title of the song
  • Once you have selected your Library on the bottom ribbon, the display shows, from top to bottom:
    • iPod, Wi-Fi indicator (if turned on), time and the battery. Don't worry if there is anything else on that line
    • Edit - the button that allows you to change the list below it to suit you
    • Library - a heading, to tell you that you're looking at the iPod's Library screen
    • Songs, down to Compilations - sub-headings, in which you will find your music, listed according to the sub-heading you select
      • so in Songs, there is a list of all songs on your iPod
      • Artists lists the artists you have on your iPod (If they have a single-artist album. Note that compilation albums - that is, Various Artists compilations, are listed under Compilations lower down on that list)
      • ... and so on
    • the strip with the picture is the Now Playing ribbon. My iPod was playing the song among plants when I snapped this screenshot and the picture is the artwork from that song. The Now Playing ribbon may not be shown if nothing is playing or paused

I did indicate the Books icon on the iPod's Home Screen, although it's not clear whether you have attempted to add books or audiobooks to your iPod.

Find music synced from Itunes on Ipod Touch 7th gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.