Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone connecting to macbook

Hi,

My iPhone XR will not connect to my macbook. It's not the USB ports (other devices charge just fine), and it's not the USB cord, which works when connected to a charger or a different computer. The phone and macbook just don't register each other-- my phone doesn't charge and computer doesn't sync.

It connects just fine to any other computer using the same cord.

Please help!

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 6:21 PM

Try the following: If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Failing that, remove all external USB devices connected to the MacBook, other than the keyboard and mouse if you’re using those wired here, reboot the MacBook, connect the Lightning cable to a different port on the MacBook, and try again.

Then check with the folks at Apple...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2020 6:21 PM in response to kh51

Try the following: If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Failing that, remove all external USB devices connected to the MacBook, other than the keyboard and mouse if you’re using those wired here, reboot the MacBook, connect the Lightning cable to a different port on the MacBook, and try again.

Then check with the folks at Apple...

iPhone connecting to macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.