Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Apple Pencil 2 gen?

Hello everyone,

I bought a iPad Pro 2020 and Apple Pencil 2 nearly a week ago. Now ,yesterday when I was about to sleep I noticed that Apple Pencil is not there? I searched a bit and no success ,also it was disconnected From iPad Pro last night and today it got removed from my paired section,have installed multiple apps to search but no success and it was fully charged the last time I saw it.i know that it is somewhere in my house.is there any way to find it ? I mean to trace it or any thing like that? Please help

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 2:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 3:49 AM

If the pencil was already paired with your iPad - and has sufficient charge - then yes.

Subject to these caveats, if you get to within 10’ (~3m) or the pencil, you may see the Pencil status change to “Connected” in Bluetooth settings. After that, it’s Mk1 Eyeball to find your Apple Pencil.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2020 3:49 AM in response to nilaywithalostapplepencil2

If the pencil was already paired with your iPad - and has sufficient charge - then yes.

Subject to these caveats, if you get to within 10’ (~3m) or the pencil, you may see the Pencil status change to “Connected” in Bluetooth settings. After that, it’s Mk1 Eyeball to find your Apple Pencil.

Aug 25, 2020 5:20 AM in response to nilaywithalostapplepencil2

Insofar as your iPad is indicating - your Apple Pencil is/was not paired. A paired but disconnected (or out of range) Pencil will show a status of “Not Connected” - as illustrated here:

Perhaps, during your attempts to establish the pairing status from your Bluetooth settings, you have inadvertently chosen to Forget This Device. This would account for the status (or lack thereof) as you currently describe.

Debate as to the pairing status of your Pencil doesn’t change the situation that you have. As is, your iPad is unable to indicate proximity of your Pencil. Protracted discussion will not change this immutable fact; until re-paired through physical contact with the magnetic dock of your iPad, your iPad is now blind to the existence of your Pencil.

Sorry, but your search will be visual only - or not at all.

Aug 25, 2020 5:03 AM in response to nilaywithalostapplepencil2

The Pencil clearly isn’t paired - as it would appear in the device list as either “Not Connected” or “Connected”.

As such, no, your Pencil will not appear in the device list.

Given that the Pencil was not paired with you iPad prior to its loss, you do not have any available technical means to assist your visual search for the lost Pencil.

Lost Apple Pencil 2 gen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.