Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Apple Pencil

Hello!

My Apple Pencil 2 has been gone for 2 days now and I have absolutely no idea where to find it. It has been disconnected from my Bluetooth which makes me think it's out of the 10-30 feet range and must be farther from where I am. I've tried various finder apps and they can rarely pick up the Pencil's signal but it lasts too short for me to find it. I'm worried as maybe the Pencil has already ran out of battery rendering the apps useless, but I think it can last a few more days before draining since I always have it attached to the iPad. I'm currently in a dorm with many people around so it's even harder to locate it.

Please give suggestions on apps or techniques to use! Thank you so much!

iPad Air 4 Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 4:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 5:15 AM

There are no technical means by which a mislaid Apple Pencil can be located. Even if still charged, a motionless Pencil will shut-off its Bluetooth connection to save power - and therefore cannot be detected by way of its [inactive] bluetooth connection.

The only method to locate a lost Pencil is the Mark1 eyeball...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2022 5:15 AM in response to tristafé

There are no technical means by which a mislaid Apple Pencil can be located. Even if still charged, a motionless Pencil will shut-off its Bluetooth connection to save power - and therefore cannot be detected by way of its [inactive] bluetooth connection.

The only method to locate a lost Pencil is the Mark1 eyeball...

Lost Apple Pencil

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.