Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone rings in bluetooth headset that it is not connected to

I'm having a very puzzling issue. I have my phone on silent and when I receive a phone call, it rings in my roommate's Bluetooth headphones. These headphones are not connected to my phone, and as far as I'm aware they never have been. No other sounds from my phone play through these headphones and neither does the call audio. This happens even when I have Bluetooth turned off. If I connect a different Bluetooth headset, the call rings in both. Anyone have any idea what might be happening or how to fix it?

iPhone 11

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 9:36 AM

Hey there Dancethedream,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with incoming calls ringing on your roommate's Bluetooth headphones, and we'd like to see if we can help.

Since this only occurs with incoming calls, and your iPhone rings as expected with Bluetooth accessories connected to it, do you have Calls on Nearby Devices enabled? Learn more about this feature here: Allow phone calls on your iPad, iPod touch, and Mac

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2020 9:36 AM in response to Dancethedream

Hey there Dancethedream,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with incoming calls ringing on your roommate's Bluetooth headphones, and we'd like to see if we can help.

Since this only occurs with incoming calls, and your iPhone rings as expected with Bluetooth accessories connected to it, do you have Calls on Nearby Devices enabled? Learn more about this feature here: Allow phone calls on your iPad, iPod touch, and Mac

Cheers!

Phone rings in bluetooth headset that it is not connected to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.