You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone number isn't connected to my iMessage and FaceTime

I just got a new phone because I wanted to switch carriers. It's the same model though, iPhone 7. On my old iPhone 7 I had no problems at ALL! But on my new iPhone 7, my number isn't connected to my iMessages and FaceTime, only my Apple ID is. I want to connect my phone number to my imessages and facetime. I went to my iCloud and saw that my phone number wasn't connected there, so I added it to my Apple ID and I thought maybe that would work, but it didn't. I SEE my number as an option for "Send and Receive," but when I tap it, it doesn't do anything (this is under iMessages btw). Also when I do the same thing for FaceTime, it just says "FaceTime activiation error" or something like that. But it works fine for my Apple ID. Please help!!

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 5:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 7:46 AM

Since adding the number to your Apple ID, have you waited 24 hours for the change to sync? Then signed out of Messages/FaceTime, restarted the phone, and then signed back in?

2 replies

My phone number isn't connected to my iMessage and FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.