Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought more storage but still can’t do anything.

I have an iPad, I keep removing apps because it says storage full, I bought the 200G of storage,

it still says full. It is not anywhere near full.

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 6:33 AM

3 replies

Aug 26, 2020 6:40 AM in response to Debgeo1983

What you have likely purchased (actually, have subscribed to) is one of the higher tier iCloud storage plans.

iCloud and internal storage are entirely different an independent of each-other.

The internal storage of your iPad is fixed for the lifetime of the iPad - the actual storage being fixed during manufacture; this type of storage cannot be changed, added to, or upgraded.

About storage on your device and in iCloud - Apple Support

Aug 26, 2020 6:43 AM in response to Debgeo1983

If you bought 200 GB more storage, then you have bought additional iCloud Storage.

iCloud Storage is not the same as local iPad storage and therefore it cannot be used to extent your existing storage of your iPad which is either 16 GBs, 32 GBs, 64 GBs, 128 GBs, 256 GBs, 512 GBs or 1 TB.

iCloud Storage is either 5 GBs (free), 50 GBs, 200 GBs or 2 TBs.

iCloud storage is meant to offload smaller things to Apple's Servers like your contacts, notes, calendar entries, reminders, passwords, your Safari Reading List, messages etc... so you can backup them in case you need to restore your phone and also to sync them between other Apple Devices you may own.

It's not meant to expand your iPad Storage, which cannot be expanded, when you buy an iPad you get to choose between different storage options like 32 GB or 128 GB for the current base iPad or 64 / 256 for the iPad Air. iCloud Storage is tied to your Apple ID and it can be used on all Apple Devices you may own, from the Mac to the iPhone/iPad/iPod touch.

You can also delete files or move files to a computer if you don't need them to free up space.

You can see what's taking up Internal Storage: Settings --> General --> iPad Storage

You can view your iCloud Storage under: Settings --> "Your Name" --> iCloud

If you do not longer need the extended iCloud storage plan, you should be able to cancel the plan there and maybe even get a refund.

I bought more storage but still can’t do anything.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.