Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are edited photos going soft in Photos app.?

I have imported raw and jpeg images into Photos app and edited them, then they go soft. When I revert to original they get sharp again. This happens with only a small adjustment. The raw images go soft then become a flat grey image. I have used the library repair tool and it did not solve the problem. I am using mac.os Catalina.10.15.5

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 5:42 PM

Could you provide screenshots of what is happening?

Could you also describe what your "small adjustment" is?

Lastly, what format are the RAW images? RAW is actually a general term that simply indicates that the file is the unedited output from the camera sensor without various software filters applied to sharpen, reduce noise and adjust the exposure that most digital cameras perform. Each camera manufacturer has their own RAW formats so knowing the camera make and model or RAW format would let us help you determine if it's a supported format.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2020 5:42 PM in response to Dunckle

Could you provide screenshots of what is happening?

Could you also describe what your "small adjustment" is?

Lastly, what format are the RAW images? RAW is actually a general term that simply indicates that the file is the unedited output from the camera sensor without various software filters applied to sharpen, reduce noise and adjust the exposure that most digital cameras perform. Each camera manufacturer has their own RAW formats so knowing the camera make and model or RAW format would let us help you determine if it's a supported format.

Why are edited photos going soft in Photos app.?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.