Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RAW Files Thumbnails and big photo missing after edit

I found another question with this problem and actually found a workaround but the other question's closed, so I'll post it in a separate thread.

The problem occurs when you edit an imported RAW file from your camera into Photos for Mac and then edit that photo (adjust brightness, contrast, sharpening and so on).

If you do this to a bunch of photos and then go back to the gallery, the thumbnails are gone and so is the big version of the photo (double click on the thumbnail).

The only thing that brings the photo back is to edit it again and revert the changes.

However, I found out that when you edit the photo, apply the changes and then go back to the thumbnail view before editing another one the thumbnails are there and so is the big photo.

My guess is that the adjustments are only applied to the photo when you go back to the thumbnail view first. So, again - don't just swipe to the next photo and do your edits there, your photos will be gone. Go back to the thumbnail view first, let photos do it's work and you'll have your edited photos in your gallery.

Hope this helps someone...

@Apple: a bugfix would be nice ;)

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 5:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 10:26 AM

Apple are not here.

Feedback directly at:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/photos.html

Similar questions

2 replies

RAW Files Thumbnails and big photo missing after edit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.