Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos app won't recognize photos I have uploaded

I added photos to Photos app from my desk top. When I tried to do anything with those photos I get a message saying cannot find originals. This Photos app absolutely sucks. I think Apple is moving backward rather than forward. I found it to be more trouble free 5 years ago.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 10:56 AM

I don't know what a managed library or a referenced library is. I appreciate the help I get on this site, but often people assume that some us know all the terminology.

Having said that I did go in and check the box you recommended. I believe at one point I unchecked because, from the reading it, it sounded as though it was going to start sending all uploaded photos to the cloud. That is not something I want to have happen. At any rate your recommendation worked. I then went into the cloud drive and did not see the pictures there. I assume that the program is not sending the pictures to the cloud.

Thank you

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2020 10:56 AM in response to Old Toad

I don't know what a managed library or a referenced library is. I appreciate the help I get on this site, but often people assume that some us know all the terminology.

Having said that I did go in and check the box you recommended. I believe at one point I unchecked because, from the reading it, it sounded as though it was going to start sending all uploaded photos to the cloud. That is not something I want to have happen. At any rate your recommendation worked. I then went into the cloud drive and did not see the pictures there. I assume that the program is not sending the pictures to the cloud.

Thank you

Photos app won't recognize photos I have uploaded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.