Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are *iCloud.com* mail rules executed when mail is received by the server, or not until I open the *WEB* client?

I'm trying to find a way for mail rules to be applied immediately to mail *when it first hits the server*.

My filters on my Mac OS don't do me any good if they aren't triggered until I open the Mail app. Sometimes, I don't touch Mac OS today, but I need the filtering to happen.

If I set up filters on iCloud.com, will the rule execute immediately?

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 6:30 AM

You have no control over iCloud server , whatever mails it might be spam / or pure mails they will strike on the server as they are sent from different senders , however you can control them to transfer / create rules for them https://support.apple.com/en-jo/guide/icloud-ipad/mm6b1a3f8a/icloud

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 27, 2020 1:15 PM in response to John Holland1

Apple doesn’t document when the iCloud rules will fire.

The rules execute on the server.

I’d expect the iCloud rules to fire irrespective of the local mail client rules.

So long as the rules fire ahead of the iCloud login or ahead of the local mail client access, Schrödinger does seem to apply.

The test here is obvious. At least as far as checking the between-reception-and-first-access sequencing. Start with a test rule that forwards the message to a monitored mailbox elsewhere...

Are *iCloud.com* mail rules executed when mail is received by the server, or not until I open the *WEB* client?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.