Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri thinks Cellular Data is not on when it is. Can't use Apple Music

When I ask Siri to use Apple Music, Siri will say that I need to be connected to wifi or enable cellular data. When I then ask Siri to enable cellular data, Siri says it is already enabled. This infinite loop will continue if I ask again. I have tried checking Cellular Data manually and the setting is actually enabled. This happens in my vehicle and at home if wifi is not connected. When at home on wifi, I do not have this problem. What can I do to get Siri to use Apple Music on Cellular Data?

iPhone 6, iOS 12.4.8

Toyota Entune

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 8:12 AM

Good morning, brian1960.

Are the songs you're trying to streaming from Apple Music, or are they dowloaded on to your device? Try downloading one of the songs, and then ask Siri to play it to see if the response is the same.

Also, if you go back to Settings > Music > Cellular Data, and tap on that setting, Make sure Streaming and Downloads are both turned on. Then try once more and see if that works.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2020 8:12 AM in response to B3234

Good morning, brian1960.

Are the songs you're trying to streaming from Apple Music, or are they dowloaded on to your device? Try downloading one of the songs, and then ask Siri to play it to see if the response is the same.

Also, if you go back to Settings > Music > Cellular Data, and tap on that setting, Make sure Streaming and Downloads are both turned on. Then try once more and see if that works.

Aug 27, 2020 7:18 PM in response to B3234

Hey there, brian1960.

We understand that you've been unable to ask Siri to play content from Apple Music due to a cellular data error.

You mentioned Cellular Data was enabled. Let's also go to Settings > Music and make sure Cellular Data is turned on. Then go to Settings > Cellular > Music and ensure that Music shows as enabled in this location as well:

Check the cellular data usage on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

Cheers!

Siri thinks Cellular Data is not on when it is. Can't use Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.