Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

latest iMovie can't import from DV camcorder

I was able to able to import from my DV camcorder in 06-2018. I've recently tried to repeat this process with the same setup (cam, iMac, cables) however it doesn't work. iMovie ver. (10.1.15) recognizes the camera but can't control it to import.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 5:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 8:43 PM

Hi,

To check your procedures for importing, take a look at this link:

https://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.1/#/mov6af9c94c1

-- Rich

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 27, 2020 8:24 AM in response to Rich839

The procedure above is straight forward and worked before with an earlier version of iMovie. The specific camcorder I am using appears in the left column of the import window. When I select it, I get a blank view box with rewind, play and fast forward arrows (no image). Close and import buttons are to the bottom-right. Import is highlighted blue. The rewind, play and fast forward buttons are highlighted but do nothing. Import is highlighted blue but also does nothing when selected. My camcorder is in VCR mode per the user manual. I have tried various power-up and re-attachment combinations. I wish I could remember which version of iMovie I had when this worked (it was 2018). I think I've already updated all my other apple devices in the house.

latest iMovie can't import from DV camcorder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.