Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X sometimes shows 0% battery & restarts over and over

Hi all, I just got my iPhone X replaced 2 months ago (so it's a very relatively new phone in my opinion.) Recently, I have been having issues where the phone continuously restarts and shows 0% battery over and over again. If I go into settings -> battery it will show 0% charge, and says that it cannot display battery health. But if I leave it be for several hours without doing anything, it will sometimes charge again and my phone will work again with regular speeds. I have tried third party apps such as Coconut Battery to evaluate my battery health, and it shows that it is operating at 96% of design capacity. I can never predict when my phone will go into this constant state of restarting with 0% battery. Does anybody have a possible solution to this or know how to fix it? I have tried factory resetting it, and I have tried factory restarting and loading it like a brand new phone (not loading a backup). None of these seem to help. Thank you!

iPhone X, 14

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 9:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 9:19 AM

If a forced reboot does not work make an appointment at your nearest Apple Store Genius Bar for an evaluation - Force reboot device - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

iPhone X sometimes shows 0% battery & restarts over and over

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.