Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QuickTime glitch when trying to start new movie recording

I'm trying to connect my iphone to my computer to use it as a video monitor for recording from my iphone. However when I try to start a new movie recording, the screen opens a small black box in the corner as if it will open the screen, but instead within seconds shows an entire screen of static or a black screen then takes me to my login startup screen. When I sign in to my computer it restores it to where I was before trying to start a new movie recording.

I have restarted the computer, forced quits, all my software is updated to MacOS Catalina. Why is QuickTime malfunctioning this way? Can it be fixed? HELP!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 11:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 9:47 AM

Hi lomo212,

Thanks for your post! We see you are unable to start a new movie while your iPhone is connected to your computer. Have you successfully performed this action before? First, make sure you are following the steps listed in the support guide below.

Use an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch connected to your Mac

If the issue is persisting, try testing in another user.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Let us know what you find out!

Take care!

Similar questions

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2020 9:47 AM in response to lomo212

Hi lomo212,

Thanks for your post! We see you are unable to start a new movie while your iPhone is connected to your computer. Have you successfully performed this action before? First, make sure you are following the steps listed in the support guide below.

Use an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch connected to your Mac

If the issue is persisting, try testing in another user.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Let us know what you find out!

Take care!

Aug 29, 2020 9:31 AM in response to lomo212

Hi lomo212,

Thanks for the response. We see the issue is resolved in another user. You can wait and see if an update to QuickTime resolves the issue, or you can try to reinstall macOS from Recovery. If you choose to reinstall, we suggest you create a backup first.

Back up your Mac with Time Machine

How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery

Hope this helps.

Best regards.

Aug 30, 2020 3:34 AM in response to jdo_apple

HAH!!

I finally found the culprit!

I found it from safe mode, i'm opening quicktime from safe mode, and i realise the cam source is from Logi Capture app, that's why it keep logging me out of existence. So, I restart my pc, open Logi Capture app first, after that open Quicktime and then try new movie recording and VOILA! It work just fine !

Thanks for your help though.

QuickTime glitch when trying to start new movie recording

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.