Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini will stop being able to stream media (video or audio)

My 2012 Mac mini recently developed an odd problem where it will suddenly stop being able to stream any kind of media, be it video on Twitter or YouTube, or audio through the Spotify app or website.

Video will stop working on Safari, Opera, and Chrome alike. (Don't remember if Music.app will or won't stream my iTunes Match songs, will try that next time the problem starts.)

I'm stuck as to how to isolate the problem, but I've noticed a few things.

• A reboot will get it working again, for a while, a day or longer.
  • When the problem happens, it happens across all accounts on the computer.
  • Videos, even though they won't play, can often be scrubbed through by moving the playhead back and forth.
  • Video and audio stored on a hard drive, internal or external, will still play normally.

I'm hopeful that someone who had a similar problem found out how to fix it and can help a fellow out!

Mac mini, 10.15

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 6:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 10:12 AM

It kind of sounds like your internet connection is down / very slow based upon your description on what apps are affected. Further, as mentioned, locally stored videos, music etc are not affected.

Similar questions

1 reply

Mac mini will stop being able to stream media (video or audio)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.