Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Media Playback In Monterey Is Painfully Glitchy.....

Monterey is not playing back any media. I noticed it the other day however the issue resolved itself after a reboot, but now it's back again. Songs via the Music app show that it should be playing after you click "play" - but the slider doesn't advance. And hitting the spacebar to preview a song or video in Finder yields the same result. The video content appears still and silent. Quicktime also does not play music or videos. I tried to see if creating a new user account would help remedy the issue, but it was still there. This is a new 2020 edition Mac Mini. Anyone have the same issue and/or found a resolution?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on May 19, 2022 6:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2022 8:12 AM

Just an update on this...the issue is related to my USB sound card not playing nicely with Monterey. I have a 1st gen Scarlett 6i6 and submitted a ticket with their support today.

Similar questions

1 reply

Media Playback In Monterey Is Painfully Glitchy.....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.