Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air 2020 iMovie cannot be updated because it was refunded or purchased in a different Apple ID" in a newly bought Mac Book Air 2020"

Hellooo! I just bought a new MacBook Air base model. It's one day old and I just updated its software. When I try to update apps on App Store, like apps that are already in the Mac like iMovie, Numbers, etc. its says "iMovie [or any built-ion app that needs updating] cannot be updated because it was refunded or purchased in a different Apple ID". I already have an iCloud signed in. What to do so I can update the apps? thanks!

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 12:25 PM

If the app(s) were purchased with a different Apple ID then what you have logged in with on your new notebook, you basically have two choices:

1. Log out of the current ID, and then, log back into the Apple App Store with the ID that you used to make the app purchases.
  2. Re-purchase the apps with your new ID.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2020 12:25 PM in response to kt___

If the app(s) were purchased with a different Apple ID then what you have logged in with on your new notebook, you basically have two choices:

1. Log out of the current ID, and then, log back into the Apple App Store with the ID that you used to make the app purchases.
  2. Re-purchase the apps with your new ID.

MacBook Air 2020 iMovie cannot be updated because it was refunded or purchased in a different Apple ID" in a newly bought Mac Book Air 2020"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.