Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie chops up clips and entirely drops others

I’ve been trying for a couple months to find a combination of cables and computers to transfer old mini DV tapes. I have a DCR-TRV38 Sony camcorder, 30 tapes, a pile of cables and a willingness to try anything. I ended up with two dongle‘s and the cable into a Mac laptop (With all the latest versions of everything updated) that works pretty well.

The problem comes when I start the import to iMovie and the first 20 seconds of the first clip gets chopped up into pieces that are mostly less than a second long. Another problem is that if there are any gaps between clips, the clip before the gap gets dropped. I’ve also tried 0BS, but that won’t capture the audio from the camera.

If anybody has any illumination, or a fix, please let me know.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 1:51 PM

You can try importing all the clips into iMovie, then share out the project to a File on your desktop. Then import the shared file into a newly created iMovie project. That will join all of the clips together into one long clip that you can split into parts.

-- Rich

Similar questions

1 reply

iMovie chops up clips and entirely drops others

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.