Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting this popup when i try and load Garage Band. "Garage Band was not able to complete the download"?

I have just downloaded Garage Band 11 from the App Store and it gets to 1.5Gb of 1.6Gb and i get a popup saying "Garage Band was not able to complete the download".

I can't get past this popup?

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 5:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 7:41 AM

Hey ginza63,

We see that you're receiving an error 'GarageBand was not able to complete the download', and we'd like to help!

Have you tried force quitting the GarageBand app, and re-opening it? How to force an app to quit on your Mac

We also recommend that you try restarting your Mac to see if that helps.

If you continue to experience the same issue, try deleting the GarageBand app by following the steps from here: How to delete apps on your Mac

Deleting the app won't delete the files from GarageBand. The saved files are saved under another folder, and you're only deleting the app itself.

You can reinstall the GarageBand app through the App Store: Download apps and games from the App Store

We hope this helps!

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2020 7:41 AM in response to ginza63

Hey ginza63,

We see that you're receiving an error 'GarageBand was not able to complete the download', and we'd like to help!

Have you tried force quitting the GarageBand app, and re-opening it? How to force an app to quit on your Mac

We also recommend that you try restarting your Mac to see if that helps.

If you continue to experience the same issue, try deleting the GarageBand app by following the steps from here: How to delete apps on your Mac

Deleting the app won't delete the files from GarageBand. The saved files are saved under another folder, and you're only deleting the app itself.

You can reinstall the GarageBand app through the App Store: Download apps and games from the App Store

We hope this helps!

Best regards.

I keep getting this popup when i try and load Garage Band. "Garage Band was not able to complete the download"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.