Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.15.6 Music arrow keys cause crash-new bug

On my 2020 MacBook Air, I updated to MacOS 10.15.6 today. Now, using an arrow key in the Music app (to move selection up or down a list or move to the next column) causes Music to freeze (Force Quit says it is not responding). It works fine after re-launching, until the next time I touch a arrow key, which I do frequently. Is this a known issue?

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 8:23 AM

Hello TallTony,

We understand that your Music app is crashing when using the arrows to move inside of the app. You’re in the right place, we’d be glad to assist in seeking a solution.

If restarting didn't help, let’s try using safe mode to solve the issue:

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Let us know what you find.

Have a great day.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2020 8:23 AM in response to TallTony

Hello TallTony,

We understand that your Music app is crashing when using the arrows to move inside of the app. You’re in the right place, we’d be glad to assist in seeking a solution.

If restarting didn't help, let’s try using safe mode to solve the issue:

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Let us know what you find.

Have a great day.

10.15.6 Music arrow keys cause crash-new bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.