Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My laptop was stolen today from me and I called the police right away. They went after them but haven’t had any result. I have the proof of coverage, and the report case number. What can I do next? I was hoping Apple can help

M’y macbook was stolen and I called the police that arrived on the scene but weren’t able to recover the item, I gave them the serial number and log in info. I know that AppleCare + might not cover stolen properties but I was hoping that they would consider my situation. I’ve been using the laptop for school and I’m unable to pay for another one. I have the case number for the report and I was hoping Apple can help me out. I don’t know what to do.

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 10:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 11:00 PM

Last I checked, it doesn't cover theft. Are you here in the US? Homeowner's insurance or renter's insurance might cover it, if you've got that.

I'm so sorry...that has got to be frustrating and I'd be devastated. Are you able to use "Find My" to locate it?

1 reply

My laptop was stolen today from me and I called the police right away. They went after them but haven’t had any result. I have the proof of coverage, and the report case number. What can I do next? I was hoping Apple can help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.