Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

eGPU Not Recognized After Catalina Update 10.15.6

"It just works" is no longer true?

My 2018 Mac Mini was working fine with on OS X 10.15.5 and a Sonnet eGFZBreakaway Box 350 eGPU housing a Radeon Sapphire Pulse RX580 external GPU card.

Updated to 10.15.6 and now only internal Intel UHD 630 graphics card is showing in the sys report.

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 3:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 2:16 PM

After restoring to “before the 10.15.6 supplemental update”, the eGPU still did not fire up. After unplugging/ reconnecting all the eGPU cabling it came alive again.

I reapplied the supplemental update and all is working as expected.

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 29, 2020 5:04 AM in response to woodmeister50

Sorry, It appears I chose the more time consuming path to restore from yesterday’s time machine backup. “4 hours and 34 minutes” remaining.

Original post was wrong about versions. In choosing the TM backup to restore from, I saw that I was already at 10.15.6 so this must have been a security update that hosed my eGPU configuration.

eGPU Not Recognized After Catalina Update 10.15.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.