Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External Photos Library - Ipad Pro

Hello, I currently have a Macbook Pro and manage my Photos Library on an external hard drive to save some space on my computer. IF I were to get the latest iPad Pro, would I be able to open up my Photos Library and manage photos through the iPad? Thanks!

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 11:02 AM

No, not directly. However, if you were to enable iCloud Library on the Mac's library and setup the same on the iPad Pro (with optimize storage on the iPad if it can't hold the entire library with full sized originals) you should be able to use the same photos on both machines and any change made on one would be reflected on the other.

You can learn more about the iCloud Library from this Apple document: Set up and use iCloud Photos – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2020 11:02 AM in response to KittyKorner

No, not directly. However, if you were to enable iCloud Library on the Mac's library and setup the same on the iPad Pro (with optimize storage on the iPad if it can't hold the entire library with full sized originals) you should be able to use the same photos on both machines and any change made on one would be reflected on the other.

You can learn more about the iCloud Library from this Apple document: Set up and use iCloud Photos – Apple Support

External Photos Library - Ipad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.