Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV HD keeps dropping internet

My Apple TV HD keeps dropping internet. I have strong internet in the area (4 dots). I reset - same problem. I switched it to another TV - same problem. I have to re-start ATV - it connects immediately, but later disconnects. This problem doesn't happen when I connect to either TV with my ATV 4K. I also rebooted router - no help. My only conclusion is that my ATV HD needs repair or replacement. Any ideas before I buy a new one.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 13

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 11:36 AM

Hello DWGMAG,

Welcome to the Apple Support Community! We understand your Apple TV keeps dropping Wi-Fi connection, even in spots you have a strong signal. We're happy to help! We'd recommend looking through the guide below:

Get help with Wi-Fi networks on your Apple TV

Have a great day!

2 replies

Aug 30, 2020 1:26 PM in response to AlexL31

The problem was the constant dropping of a good signal. Either had a strong signal or nothing. After doing all the suggestions in your article and after calling Apple Support, I concluded that the widget in the Apple TV that detects internet was bad. The Apple Support person agreed. I replaced the Apple TV and the problem was solved.

Apple TV HD keeps dropping internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.