Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ibooks Author to Pages import

I have imported an iba. book into pages, but can't edit the text. When I try to select a word or sentence to edit, a whole section becomes orange and I am unable to select a word, sentence etc. It's as if it is locked, and I can't find how to unlock it.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 1:28 PM

Pages v10.1 is not yet a replacement for iBooks Author, and if you need to edit the latter's content, it is best to continue using that application, instead of Pages. Here is Apple's article, Import your iBooks Author book into Pages for Mac, that describes what the current import operation does.

Only the Pages product team knows what they plan to do with iBooks Author features in future Pages releases.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2020 1:28 PM in response to trout1

Pages v10.1 is not yet a replacement for iBooks Author, and if you need to edit the latter's content, it is best to continue using that application, instead of Pages. Here is Apple's article, Import your iBooks Author book into Pages for Mac, that describes what the current import operation does.

Only the Pages product team knows what they plan to do with iBooks Author features in future Pages releases.

ibooks Author to Pages import

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.